MPDP is a holistic marriage discipleship process to prepare young couples as they enter into marriage. It is our desire to set them on the right foot as they start their life journey together. This discipleship process provides couples with biblical and practical principles to build God-centred marriages. Pastors and Marriage Mentors will journey alongside them as they begin their marriage life.
Overview of Curriculum
- Two runs per year
- Estimated 10 pre-marital couples per run
- Size of Small Group session
- One Marriage Mentor to 2-3 pre-marital couples
- Number of sessions
- 1 combined session, 5 small group lessons and 3 individual couple mentoring sessions
- Fortnightly – to give couples sufficient time to complete assignments
- 1st Lesson ICombined Session)
- Theological Foundation of marriage taught by Pastors
- 5 Small Group Sessions
- Group facilitation sessions by Marriage Mentors
- Two practical skills taught per session based on the book 10 Great Dates before you say “I Do”.
- 3 individual couple session
- Deal with any outstanding issues from the previous 5 small group sessions
- Personality Profiling of each couple (Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis ®)
- Debrief “Prepare and Enrich” (Couples Checkup) Assessment Tool
- Post-Wedding Follow Up by Marriage Mentors:
- 2 mentoring sessions (one at 6 months mark and another at 12 months mark)
- Additional mentoring sessions can be arranged upon couples’ request
One month before the commencement of the programme, all registered couples are required to complete 2 pre-marital assignment tools online. To complete these online assignment tools, participants will receive an email notification containing the necessary instructions. The assignments are:
- Couple Check-up: The Couples Check-up celebrates the different areas of strength and identifies the areas to be worked on to strengthen the marital relationship. Upon completion of the questionnaire, a report will be generated. Please email a copy to email@example.com
- Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis ® (TJTA): TJTA is a convenient and professional assessment instrument and counselling tool to determine individual personality and adjustment profile. This will help couples to understand themselves and their partners better and highlight potential relationship growth areas especially through the Criss-Cross feature.
- 1st run 2020 – Feb 15, 29, Mar 14, 28, Apr 4, 18, May 2, 16 & 30 (Saturdays) Registration closed
- 2nd run 2020 – Jul 11, 25, Aug 15, 29, Sep 12, 26, Oct 10, 24, Nov 7 (9 Saturdays)
Time: 10am – 12nn
Venue: Zoom Online
Closing Dates of Registration:
- 1st run – 11 January 2020
- 2nd run – 30 June 2020
To register, please download the registration form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Solemnisation by Grace Assembly Pastors
All couples who desire to be married at Grace Assembly of God premises or outside of the church, and be solemnised by our Grace Assembly pastors must take note of the following:
- Couples must attend MPDP as a compulsory pre-requisite.
- Both parties of the couple must be believers. If either party is a pre-believer, they can sign up for MPDP but the couple will not be eligible to be solemnised by Grace Assembly pastors.
- Couples are advised to register for MPDP at least one year before their intended wedding or solemnisation date.
- All MPDP sessions are compulsory. Grace Assembly will only arrange and confirm a solemniser upon the couple’s completion of MPDP.
- Upon signing up for MPDP, couples can do a tentative booking of Grace Assembly’s facilities, subject to criteria stated in the following section below
- Couples can only confirm their venue booking upon full completion of MPDP and getting the approval and signature of their regional pastor.
- The church will not solemnise couples who have been living together and consummated their marriage as the significance of a Christian marriage would have been lost. Every Christian couple is taught to consummate their marriage only after the church wedding ceremony because of the following reasons:
- To honour the Lord in their marriage.
- An act of witness through the public ceremony and before the congregation as the beginning of life’s journey together.
- A Christian testimony of the relationship to the world.
- If the couple find themselves in the above situation (no. 7), they can approach the pastor-in-charge of Family Life to discuss the option of doing a church blessing for their marital relationship.
- Remarriage cases will be treated on a case-by-case basis. Couples should contact the pastor-in-charge of Family Life for further discussion.
Use of Grace Assembly of God’s Facilities for Weddings*:
The use of Grace Assembly’s facilities for weddings is limited to couples:
- who are both believers,
- whereby at least one party is either a registered church member or a regular attendee,
- who choose to be solemnised in Grace Assembly of God,
- who are getting married for the first time.
Please post your cheque to our Ministry Support staff:
Grace Assembly of God, 355 Tanglin Road, Singapore 247960
Attention to Jacqueline Tang.
(Note: DO NOT send cash by post)
Cheques to be made payable to Grace Assembly of God.
Please indicate behind the cheque:
Attn: Marriage Preparation & Discipleship Program (MPDP) – [you and your partner’s name].
Or you may pay via PayNow with the below QR code. You need to indicate your names and 2nd MPDP Run 2020.
Course fee of $120 per couple must be submitted before the closing date.
For further enquiries, please contact us at 64100800 or email email@example.com