MPDP is a holistic marriage discipleship process to prepare young couples as they enter into marriage. It is our desire to set them on the right foot as they start their life journey together. This discipleship process provides couples with biblical and practical principles to build God-centred marriages. Pastors and Marriage Mentors will journey alongside them as they begin their marriage life.
Overview of Curriculum
- Two runs per year
- Estimated 10 pre-marital couples per run
- Size of Small Group session
- One Marriage Mentor to 2-3 pre-marital couples
- Number of sessions
- 1 combined session, 5 small group lessons and 3 individual couple mentoring sessions
- Fortnightly – to give couples sufficient time to complete assignments
- 1st Lesson ICombined Session)
- Theological Foundation of marriage taught by Pastors
- 5 Small Group Sessions
- Group facilitation sessions by Marriage Mentors
- Two practical skills taught per session with reference to the book 10 Great Dates before you say “I Do”.
- 3 individual couple session
- Deal with any outstanding issues from the previous 5 small group sessions
- Personality Profiling of each couple (Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis ®)
- Debrief “Prepare and Enrich” (Couples Checkup) Assessment Tool
- Post-Wedding Follow Up by Marriage Mentors:
- 2 mentoring sessions (one at 6 months mark and another at 12 months mark)
- Additional mentoring sessions can be arranged upon couples’ request
One month before the commencement of the programme, all registered couples are required to complete 2 pre-marital assignment tools online. To complete these online assignment tools, participants will receive an email notification containing the necessary instructions. The assignments are:
- Couple Check-up: The Couples Check-up celebrates the different areas of strength and identifies the areas to be worked on to strengthen the marital relationship. Upon completion of the questionnaire, a report will be generated. Please email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis ® (TJTA): TJTA is a convenient and professional assessment instrument and counselling tool to determine individual personality and adjustment profile. This will help couples to understand themselves and their partners better and highlight potential relationship growth areas especially through the Criss-Cross feature.
1st run 2021 – Feb 20; Mar 6, 20; Apr 3, 17; May 1, 15, 29 & Jun 12 (Saturdays) Registration is closed
- 2nd run 2021 – Jul 10, 24; Aug 7, 21; Sep 4, 18 & Oct 2, 16, 30 (Saturdays)
Time: 10am – 12noon
Venue: 1st session at Grace@Tanglin and the subsequent sessions will be conducted at the Marriage Mentor’s home or via Zoom
Closing Dates of Registration:
- 1st run – 24 January 2021
- 2nd run – 31 May 2021
To register, please download the following forms, fill in and email to email@example.com:
Requirements for Solemnisation by Grace Assembly Pastors
All couples who desire to be married at Grace Assembly of God premises or outside of the church, and be solemnised by our Grace Assembly pastors must take note of the following:
- Couples must attend MPDP as a compulsory pre-requisite.
- Both parties of the couple must be water baptized. At least one of them must be a church member or has applied for membership.
- Couples are advised to register for MPDP at least one year before their intended wedding or solemnisation date.
- All MPDP sessions are compulsory.
- Grace Assembly will only confirm the booking of church wedding venue and a solemniser upon the couple’s completion of MPDP.
- Upon signing up for MPDP, couples can download the Wedding Venue Application Form do a tentative booking of Grace Assembly’s facilities.
- Couples can only confirm their venue booking upon full completion of MPDP and getting the approval of their officiating pastor.
Please make your payment via PayNow with the below QR Code. You need to indicate your names and the description, for example ‘1st MPDP Run 2021’.
Course fee of $120 per couple must be submitted before the closing date.
For further enquiries, please contact us at 64100800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org