MPDP is a holistic marriage discipleship process to prepare young couples as they enter into marriage. It is our desire to set them on the right foot as they start their life journey together. This discipleship process provides couples with biblical and practical principles to build God-centered marriages. Pastors and Marriage mentors will journey alongside them as they begin their marriage life.
Overview of Curriculum
- Two runs per year
- Average number of pre-marital couples getting married per year – 20
- Estimated 10 pre-marital couples per run
- Size of Small Group session
- One Marriage Mentor to 2-3 pre-marital couples
- Number of sessions
- 1 combined session, 5 small group lessons and 3 individual couple mentoring sessions
- Fortnightly – to allow couples time to complete assignments
- 1st Lesson
- Theological Foundation of marriage (group) taught by Pastors
- 5 Small Group Sessions
- Group facilitation sessions by Marriage Mentors
- Two practical skills per session based upon the book 10 Great Dates before you say “I Do”.
- 3 individual couple session
- Deal with any outstanding issues based upon previous 5 small group session lessons
- Personality Profiling of each couple (Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis ®)
- Debrief “Prepare and Enrich” (Couples Checkup) Assessment Tool
- Post-Wedding Follow Up by Marriage Mentors:
- 2 mentoring sessions (one at 6 months mark & another at 12 months mark)
- Additional mentoring sessions can be made upon couples’ request
All registered couple is required to complete 2 pre-marital assignment tools online. An email notification will be sent to you to access the tools online. The instruction to access the tool will be accompanied in the email. The assignments are:
- Couple Check-up: The Couples Check-up celebrates the different areas of strength and identifies the areas to be worked on to strengthen the marital relationship. Upon completion of the questionnaire, a report will be generated. Please email a copy to email@example.com
- Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis ® (TJTA): The purpose of TJTA is a convenient and professional assessment instrument and counselling tool to determine individual personality and adjustment profile. This will help the couple quickly understand themselves and their partners better and highlight potential relationship growth areas especially through the Criss-Cross feature.
- 1st run 2020 – Feb 15, 29, Mar 14, 28, Apr 4, 18, May 2, 16 & 30 (Saturdays) Registration closed
- 2nd run 2020 – Jul 11, Aug 15, 29, Sep 12, 26, Oct 10, 24, Nov 7 (Saturdays)
Time: 10am – 12noon
Venue: All the first session will be conducted either in Grace@Tanglin or Grace@BukitBatok. The subsequent sessions will be conducted at the Marriage Mentor’s home.
Closing Dates of Registration:
- 1st run – 11 January 2020
- 2nd run – 6 June 2020
To register, please download the registration form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All couples who desire to be married at Grace Assembly church or outside of the church, and be solemnized by our Grace pastor and must take note of the following:
- Attending the marriage preparation discipleship programme (MPDP) – is a pre-requisite.
- Couple is advised to register for MPDP at least 1 year before their intended wedding or solemnizing date.
- All MPDP sessions are compulsory. Only upon completion of the MPDP that a solemniser will be arranged and confirmed.
- The usage of church facilities for wedding:
- Is for couple who are both believers
- is for couple (at least one of them) who is either an official church member or a regular attendee.
- is for couple who chose to be solemnized in Grace Assembly of God.
- is for couple who is getting married for the first time.
- Upon signing up for MPDP, couple can do a tentatively booking of church facilities.
- Only upon full completion of MPDP and getting the approval and signature of their regional pastor then can the couple confirm their venue booking.
- The church will not solemnize a couple who has been living together and consummated their marriage as the significance of a Christian marriage has been lost. Every Christian couple is taught to consummate their marriage only after the church wedding ceremony because of the following reasons:
- To honor the Lord in their marriage.
- An act of witness through the public ceremony and before the congregation as the beginning of life’s journey together.
- A Christian testimony of the relationship to the world.
- If the couple find themselves in the above situation (no. 7), they can approach the family life pastor to discuss the option of doing a church blessing for their marital relationship.
- Remarriage cases will be treated on a case-by-case basis. Couple is to contact the Family Life Pastor for further discussion.
Please submit your cash / cheque to our Ministry Support staff at the following locations:
- Grace@Tanglin L5 (Attic) General Office Monday to Friday between 9:00am – 5:00pm or Sunday between 10:30am – 1:00pm; OR
- Grace@BukitBatok L1 Reception Counter Sunday between 10:30am – 1:00pm; OR
- Post your cheque to Grace Assembly of God, 355 Tanglin Road, Singapore 247960(Note: DO NOT send cash by post)
Cheques to be made payable to Grace Assembly of God.
Please indicate behind the cheque:
Attn: Marriage Preparation & Discipleship Program (MPDP) – [you and your partner’s name].
Course fee of $200 per couple must be submitted before the closing date.
For further enquiries, please contact us at 64100800 or email email@example.com